- Am I going to be able to retire by the age I have targeted? Can I afford to retire early?
- Once I retire, will I be able to maintain my current standard of living?
- If something happens to me, will there be enough money to take care of my spouse, children, and parents?
- What if I live longer than I anticipate? Will I have enough money to support myself?
- Can I afford to contribute to my favorite charities?
- Can I pay for my child's education? My grandchild?
- Can I afford to start my own business?
- Do I have the ability to take my family on an extended vacation?
- Will I be able to pass my home on to my children?
- Can I afford to leave my job to pursue something I am passionate about?
Friday, January 22, 2010
The True Purpose of Financial Planning
As a financial advisor, I've found my clients ask a broad range of questions concerning their financial situation. However, these questions are all elements of one basic question: "am I going to be okay?" Here is a sample of the types of questions you should be asking yourself: