- Hotel occumpancy rates were 56% through July, the lowest since at least 1987.
- An estimated 2,535 aircraft world-wide were in storage in July --14.2% of the world's fleet. That percentage rivals the months after September 11, 2001.
- 501,472 freight cars were in storage at the beginning of September, roughly one-third of the nation's fleet.
- 18.7 million homes were vacant in the second quarter, up from 15.9 million four years ago.
- In August, 14.9 million Americans were unemployed, and 26.3 million were underutilized.
- The Fed estimates factories were operating at 66.6% of capacity in August, far below the 79% average over the past quarter-century.
How do these figures impact your retirement plan? Speak to an independent fee-only financial advisor to determine what you should do to ensure your nest egg is protected and positioned to meet your specific financial needs.