- Look for a fee-only financial advisor
- Make sure your advisor is a Certified Financial Planner
- Your planner should accept a fiduciary responsibility to act in your best interest. No exceptions!
- Your advisor should provide you with a written comprehensive financial plan
- You should be meeting with your advisor at least once a year to update your plan, review performance, and ensure your actions reflect your changing goals
Friday, February 26, 2010
Utah Business Magazine - What to Look For in a Financial Advisor
I was honored to have the opportunity to write an article for Utah Business Magazine focusing on what you should look for in a financial planner. The article, titled "Adding it Up: Advisors Help You Get the Most for Your Money," appeared in the February 2010 issue and advises people to focus on a couple key issues: